Wednesday 6 August 2008

The Royal Handshake









Yesterday I was invited to a presentation at the Castle of Mey, where Prince Charles spends his Summer Holidays.

The Architect Andrew PK Wright OBE has written the "Caithness Redundant Buildings Inventory" for the North Highland Initiative, one of the Prince`s charities, which was presented to Prince Charles yesterday.

Chris Gregory, a fellow photographer friend and myself had the delightful job of photographing old and redundant buildings for the presentation panel. Chris and I had 4 large photos choosen by Andrew to represent the main 8 categories of the panel.

After Prince Charles has had a chat to different people in the room it was our turn to meet HRH. I was kind of nervous as it was my turn to recieve the royal handshake, but it turned out to be a very casual conversation and there would have been no need to be nervous at all. Phew!

Mymy, I would have never thought that my work would be complimented by Royalty one day...

No comments: