Friday 29 May 2009

Salmon fishing...










At 9.30 in the morning we already had 20C and not a cloud in sight. It felt like I was still in bead and dreaming all of this nice weather.
I went out for a little photo session and to my delight the salmon nets that I have waited for 4 years to return were hanging out for drying and mending.
John aka Elvis, who owns those nets came over and had a little chat with me and was very interested why I was interested in taking photos of his nets. He told me that some of those nets were made by people long gone and his boat is one of the last salmon cobblers in Scotand which he only recently restored.
He even offered to take me out on the boat when he is getting the nets back in :-) Nice man...

This is a photo of the nets that I took over 4 years ago... a long wait...

No comments: