Tuesday 3 June 2008

Smile


Well, today I really had something to smile about! When I checked out the Digital Camera Magazine website, I realised that I won the "Your Mission this Month" photo competition!

Not only will me photo be printed in the July edition of the magazine I also have won a nice little Lowepro photo rucksack.
I am really glad that I didn`t bother to choose a new bag for my husbands equipment over the weekend!
I am absolutely positive that my friend and her daughter are super proud now to find their little Beetle printed in a national photo magazine :-)
Read the little story here...
"I was doing some shots of my friend's daughter's Beetle. Beetles have always fascinated me and I wondered how it would look from the front taken with a wide-angle lens. I took the photo with a Canon 5D and Canon 17-40mm L lens, hoping that it would give it an edgy look. When I looked at the photo at home it became apparent that the car was obviously smiling at me.

"Why this won: We were blown away by Martina's graphic Beatle portrait, thanks to its unusual perspective and punchy colours. The symmetrical composition gives her image a professional feel and the brilliant blue of the sky makes the red of the car pop - an excellent job.

No comments: